Once Upon a Readathon - Follow-up

Well, I hope everyone had a successful readathon and everyone met their goals! I hope everyone had a great time on the challenges, too! Sorry mine was so tough. It was tough for myself, too! Hah!

My goal for this readathon was to:

  • Finish reading The Year of the Great Seventh and write a review. Check!
  • Read The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. Check!
  • Read It's Not Summer Without You. Check!
  • We'll Always Have Summer. Unsuccessful. I ran out of time. 
  • I did get to do one of the mini-challenges...besides my own. :) I did the BookBFF Youtube question. That was a quick and easy answer for me. :) Hafsah (@Iceybooks) is the Yin to my Yang. Or something like that! :)


Well, I came close to finishing, at least! I thought a month ago, I'd be able to do all kinds of reading. However, when I was writing up my goal post on Sunday, I knew there were a lot of things on my calendar and a lot of interruptions for my days. I set the bar low, and sadly, I still didn't make it.

I'm okay with not making my goal. I finished reading 3 books in 3 days! That's more than I've been doing lately! I am still currently 15 or 16 books behind on my Goodreads goal for the year. I need to pick up the pace while I still can this summer. Once school starts back, my life is mayhem all over again!

Thank you to the ladies who hosted this readathon and the Twitter chat! I was glad I could pop in on that for a few minutes last night.

I'll be back next time to join y'all again! And now, I'm heading back to read more of We'll Always Have Summer! I have loved the first two books and I feel heartache incoming.


4 comments:

  1. I think you did a smashing job this read-a-thon! Especially considering you hosted a challenge! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is fantastic! glad you read the jenny han books. I absolutely ADORE them!! 3 books in 3 days is still fantastic so it's ok if you weren't able to completely finish your goals!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did awesome! :) I'm so glad that you decided to read the Summer series ... I hope you continue with the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! good job. I'm reading a lot this summer. I'm desperately trying to get through older books and the new BEA books. It's never ending but I'm staying focused lol

    ReplyDelete